Devonian localities on this server: (see map above)
Information about Devonian localities from other websites:
- Hunsrück Shale, Germany
- Rhynie Chert - This Early Devonian fossil bed in Scotland includes some of the most famous fossil plants ever found, as well as fossil fungi and arthropods. It is the oldest terrestrial ecosystem found so well preserved.
- Devonian Fossil Gorge - This Middle Devonian site in Iowa (USA) was gouged out
during a flood in the summer of 1993.
- Falls of the Ohio State Park - This is the largest exposed Devonian fossil bed in
the world, located in Indiana (USA) on the Ohio River.
- The Gilboa Forest - Located in the New York Catskill
Mountains, this site has yielded fossil progymnosperms.
- Red Hill, Pennsylvania - This US locality preserves information about early forests and
the first vertebrates to live on land.
- Die Rhynie Chert Flora - More about this Scottish locality from
the University of Münster, with nice pictures.
- Paleontology Portal - Lots of information about Devonian paleontology and geology of North America, including maps and fossil images.