Trip Log: Tuesday, July
Today was our day off. It was much needed after 10 full days on the
Colville. Here are some things that various people did:
- Chris slept and watched TV.
- Pam, Pat, and Janet went on a walk, saw a mother moose and her baby
moose, and briefly visited the botanical gardens.
- Phelana walked to Fred Meyers, developed pictures, and shared the
fun photos already in place in her new Alaska picture album.
- Phil went on his daily long walk, got his tent and sleeping bag repaired,
and surely examined and identified the flora.
- Peg went souvenir shopping.
- Holly and Peg went downtown for a nice dinner.
- Janet recovered her lost bag, found hanging out in the loading dock
of the museum.
- Steve went to Beaver Sports for the first time, scoping out a pair
- Head chef Rena and her assistants made a spaghetti dinner with oranges
and M&Ms as side dishes.
- Some went to the bookstore and spent more money.
- There was a trip to Hotlicks for homemade ice cream.
- We all took our 2nd and 3rd (and, for some, 4th) showers.
- We all did laundry.
All in all, it was a great relaxing day. We look forward to seeing ourselves
on the front page of Anchorage Daily News tomorrow!
Back (July 29) | Forward