Top 10 most visited pages
- Page requests for the month (html only): 2.3 million
- Busiest day of the week: Thursday
- Busiest time of day: 11 a.m.
Top ten countries of origin for visitors (outside the U.S.):
- Home page
- The Worlds Biomes
- Geological Time Machine
- Exhibit HallsEvolution Wing
- The Dinosauria
- The Great White Shark
- Introduction to the Bacteria
- Taxon Lift
- Introduction to the Fungi
- The Tundra Biome
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
Five good reasons to visit ucmp.berkeley.edu regularly:
- Whats New: Highlights news from the museum, including recent publications, grant awards and honors. Updated often.
- Upcoming Events: Details and links to everything happening at UCMP, updated with each new event.
- UCMP People: Updated monthly, profiles students, faculty, staff and volunteers who work and study at UCMP.
- Mystery Fossil: This monthly feature highlights beautiful and unusual fossil specimens, and links to exhibits on the Web site.
- UCMP News on-line: An electronic version of the print newsletter, updated with each new issue.
Whats on the horizon?
UCMP is currently involved in several collaborative projects that will result in new Web-based resources for visitors to enjoy. Brief descriptions follow; well tell you more about each of these projects in future issues of the newsletter.
Understanding Evolution. Evolution is a central concept in biology, and is at the heart of what we know about how the world works. And yet in certain communities, the teaching of evolution is controversial, in great part because there are widespread misconceptions about what evolution is, and what it is not. In partnership with the National Center for Science Education, and with major support from the National Science Foundation and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, UCMP is building a resource site on evolution. The first phase is to construct a rich site that will respond to the specific needs of teachers. Later phases will create sections targeted to the interests of students and the general public.