Doris O. and Samuel P. Welles Research Fund
Terms and conditions for recipients
- Funds are normally granted only for transportation and lodging. For visitors from outside the US, we will normally arrange campus housing. We cannot issue advances; all payment is by reimbursement.
- Please schedule your visit with the appropriate museum scientist as far in advance as possible.
- If your visit coincides with an open date in one of our seminar series, we would be delighted to hear about your research. Please contact Kevin Padian for more information.
- Lodging: A list of accommodations near campus is available at the UC Berkeley's Visitor's Guide. During the summer months, campus housing is available. For visitors coming from abroad, please contact the UCMP main office about on-campus housing: we will arrange your housing directly.
- Transportation: You do not need to rent a car. There are several transportation options from local airports. For San Francisco Airport (SFO), visit transportation services to learn about shuttle and BART services; BART is the normal option. The Oakland Airport (OAK) is closer than SFO and has similar options see ground transportation. If you are planning to drive to Berkeley, mileage reimbursement for personal cars cannot exceed the cost of a reasonable plane ticket.
- The UCMP reserves the right to revoke the awards of recipients who fail to complete their travel to the UCMP within one year of date of award, or who fail to turn in their expense vouchers within three weeks of returning to their home country or institution.
- For reimbursement forms, please contact the UCMP office manager, Chris Mejia. Receipts and other documentation should be submitted within 3 weeks of completing your trip.
- Please acknowledge the Doris O. and Samuel P. Welles Research Fund of the UCMP in any publications that result from your work, and send Pat Holroyd a copy for our Museum records.